P5JSSketch for iPhone/iPad is a tiny code editor for Processing.js. Sketch with Processing.js when you get an idea. Any time, any where.
Available on the App Store
WHAT’S NEW IN VER.1.1.0
- iPhone/iPad universal application
- New gestures
- Brows and preview other resource. (Images and texts)
- File name suggestion
- More import/export option
- Japanese Help
- Bug Fixes
- Syntax highlighting
- Auto indentation
- Coding assistance
- Additional keys
- Import/export files via iTunes File Sharing
- Load multiple pde files
- In app preview
“Processing.js is the sister project of the popular Processing visual programming language, designed for the web. Processing.js makes your data visualizations, digital art, interactive animations, educational graphs, video games, etc. work using web standards and without any plug-ins. You write code using the Processing language, include it in your web page, and Processing.js does the rest. It's not magic, but almost.”
About Processing.js | http://processingjs.org/
More about Processing.js >> processingjs.org
See also Processing >> processing.org
GESTURES AND TIPS ON EDITING
- SWIPE LEFT/RIGHT to move cursor.
- TWO FINGER SWIPE RIGHT to “Undo” and LEFT to “Redo”.
- TWO FINGER SWIPE UP to “Copy” and DOWN to “Paste”.
- TYPE “f:” to start file name suggestion.
- TO PUT A WORD IN BRACKETS, select the word and tap brackets key on a additional keyboard or tap a bracket on a normal keyboard.
- DOUBLE TAP on a text to show/hide selection.
- TRIPLE TAP to select all text.
- If text is selected, TWO FINGER SWIPE LEFT/RIGHT to move start point and ONE FINGER SWIPE LEFT/RIGHT to move end point of the selection.
Browsing your pde files.
- Tap “ADD NEW SKETCHES” to create a new sketch.
- Tap the thumbnail to edit sketch.
- To Rename/Delete/Folk Sketch, Reset thumbnail, press and hold thumbnail until buttons popup.
- Screenshot is automatically taken when you run your code only at the first time. To take a screenshot again, reset thumbnail and run your code.
EDIT YOUR CODE
- Flick scroll is not available, touch and move precisely.
- Scroll on line numbers perform x5 scroll.
- Swipe left/right to move cursor.
- Multi-stage input method (Chinese, Japanese, Korean...) is not supported.
- To show keyboard tap text
- To hide keyboard
Press and hold “Fn” key, and then tap “Hide key”.
Double tap on “Fn” key.
- Double tap on a text to show/hide selection.
Press and hold “Fn” key, and then tap “Select”.
- Triple tap to select all text.
- Touching on beginning and end text selects area you want to extend.
- To use loupe, press and hold on a text.
- Press and hold “Fn” key, then use additional keys.
- Two finger swipe right to “Undo” and left to “Redo”.
- P5JSSketch supports coding assistance.
- Keyword suggestions will show up when typing letters.
- Tapping a word inserts into the code.
- Scrolling horizontal shows more keyword suggestions.
Load multiple pde files
P5JSSketch supports to load multiple pde files.
- Similar for using @pjs directive,
type ‘@p5jss pde = "xxx.pde, zzz.pde";’
in a comment.
P5JSSketch is designed not allowing to load any local data from out side of P5JSSketch’s Document folder. P5JSSketch has no responsibility for your security if you use this option below to extend your code.
- Using ‘@p5jss js = "xxx.js, zzz.js";’
- It is also available to use
‘@p5jss pjs = "other-pjs.js";’
if you load Processing.js or other versions you added.
- Pde file is automatically saved when keyboard is going to be hided.
RUN YOUR CODE
To run your code, tap “RUN” button on the bottom right of the editor.
- In app preview is compatible with Mobile Safari and performing as it does.
e.g. No 3D support. (Mobile Safari has not supported WebGL yet)
- P5JSSketch supports simple error alert function.
To import/export files use iTunes File Sharing.
Design & develop by Hiroaki Mori/sign g.k.
- Processing.js Project
- Processing Project
- Takayuki Matsumoto/tacafolio@kiism
- @dotimpact, @mujun, @psyark